moving Brock Holt and Eduardo Nunez

#1 von elaine95 , 04.12.2018 08:10

BALTIMORE (AP) — The New York Mets enjoyed a memorable night in the midst of a season that’s worth forgetting.Kevin Plawecki hit his first career grand slam during a nine-run sixth inning Sergio Romo Jersey , Brandon Nimmo went 5 for 5 with three RBIs and the Mets breezed past the Baltimore Orioles 16-5 on Wednesday. Plawecki’s slam highlighted a 19-hit outburst for the Mets, who reached a season high in runs. Nimmo achieved a career high in hits and had two cracks at completing the cycle; Todd Frazier homered , drove in four runs and fell a triple short of the cycle; and backup third baseman Jack Reinheimer got his first major league hit .Wilmer Flores also homered for the Mets, who earned a split of the two-game interleague series. New York finished 1-3 this season against the Orioles, who own the worst record in the majors.The Mets are nestled in fourth place in the NL East and have little chance to salvage a winning season. This game, however, was special to several players, most notably Nimmo.New York’s leadoff hitter was vying for the cycle after going single, double, double, triple in his first four at-bats. He was hit by a pitch in the seventh inning and wrapped up his night with a single in the ninth.The cycle didn’t happen Matt Duffy Jersey , but Nimmo had no complaints.“I really was thinking that five hits would be pretty cool, too. Same with getting on base six times,” he said. “When I got that last hit I was ecstatic. Nights like these, you kind of just want to bottle up and live with them forever.”Zack Wheeler (8-6) gave up one run and five hits over five innings to win his sixth straight start. The right-hander was removed from the game by manager Mickey Callaway after the Mets sent 12 batters to the plate in a lengthy sixth against Dylan Bundy (7-11) and three relievers.After Bundy left with two on, Nimmo hit a two-run triple. A wild pitch let in a run and Frazier doubled in two runs before right-hander Evan Phillips issued a pair of walks to load the bases for Plawecki.Phillips fell behind in the count before grooving a fastball that Plawecki smacked into the left-field seats. It was only his 11th home run in 205 games over four seasons.“In that situation, I was just trying to find the barrel,” Plawecki said. “Obviously it was a really good result.”Bundy allowed seven runs and a career high-tying 11 hits in 5 1/3 innings, a performance that lifted his ERA to 4.99.“He’s not very crisp with his command,” manager Buck Showalter said. “He’ll make a couple good pitches and just can’t finish the at-bat sometimes. A couple of flares hurt him. We know what Dylan is capable of, he just hasn’t been able to get there really. It’s been off and on.”The bullpen was equally ineffective. After the game, the Orioles optioned Phillips to Triple-A Norfolk. Jonathan Villar homered for Baltimore and scored twice.TRAINER’S ROOMMets: David Wright (shoulder/back) went 0 for 3 while playing 3B for Class A St. Lucie and is hitless in three rehab games. He has not played a major league game since May 2016. … Jay Bruce (sore right hip) played 1B and went 2 for 4 for St. Lucie. He has been on the DL since June 18.COMFORTABLE CONFORTOThough Mets CF Michael Conforto went 1 for 8 with five strikeouts in the series http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-steven-souza-jersey , he’s batting .299 since the All-Star break.Conforto missed all of spring training after undergoing shoulder surgery last September.“I think that he’s finally finding more of a comfort zone,” Callaway said. “He’s done a great job of settling in, and we’re seeing a more consistent Michael Conforto out there every day.”UP NEXTMets: It’s up to Philadelphia for a single-admission doubleheader on Thursday. Corey Oswalt (1-2) will start the opener followed by Steven Matz (1-2), who’s been on the DL with a strained left arm. He will be limited to 80 pitches, Callaway said.Orioles: A rarity on Thursday for Baltimore, which gets its second day off this week (also Monday). The Orioles open a three-game series in Cleveland on Friday night. BOSTON (AP) The Boston Red Sox acquired Ian Kinsler from the Los Angeles Angels on Monday night, replacing the injured Dustin Pedroia at second base even as the AL East leaders distance themselves from the New York Yankees – and the rest of baseball, too.Boston will send Triple-A pitchers Ty Buttrey and Williams Jerez to Los Angeles, president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski said in the Red Sox clubhouse after they beat Philadelphia 2-1 in 13 innings. The Angels and Red Sox will in effect split the remaining $3,666,667 on Kinsler’s $11 million contract that expires at the end of the season Chris Archer Jersey , with Los Angeles paying Boston $1,833,333.”He’s the closest teammate that I’ve ever had to Dustin Pedroia,” said Red Sox left-hander David Price, who was Kinsler’s teammate with the Tigers when Dombrowski also traded for him there. ”He brings that intensity, that fire every single day. He’s a gamer. He’ll make any team better. I’m very happy we got him.”Angels general manager Billy Eppler said he spoke with Kinsler and thanked him for his time with the team.”That was difficult, but we’re excited about the players we’re getting back and the potential for an impact in the future,” Eppler said in a conference call late Monday night.”There’s a reason people gravitate to this guy. I know I did, and I was only around him less than a calendar year. We have to weigh that impact and the duration of that impact, for the guys returning in this deal.”A four-time All-Star, Kinsler is the third recent acquisition for the Red Sox as Tuesday’s trading deadline approaches. Dombrowski also brought in Steve Pearce a month ago and last week acquired starter Nathan Eovaldi Kevin Kiermaier Jersey , who earned a victory Sunday in his first start for Boston.With the win, the Red Sox improved to 75-33 – the best record in baseball, and their best mark since Ted Williams’ team coasted to the AL pennant in 1946. Boston is a season-high six games ahead of the Yankees, who visit Fenway Park for a four-game series this weekend.”I’m excited. I think we’re all excited,” Price said. ”I don’t know how many games we’re in first place by, but when you’re playing the Yankees, it’s always exciting.”Kinsler, 36, is batting .239 with 13 homers and 32 RBIs for the Angels this season. Dombrowski said he expects Kinsler to be the regular second baseman, moving Brock Holt and Eduardo Nunez back into utility roles once third baseman Rafael Devers comes off the disabled list.”Ian’s a really good defensive player,” Dombrowski said. ”Basically http://www.raysfanproshop.com/authentic-alex-cobb-jersey , it’s what we hoped, early this season, that Dustin would be.”Pedroia and Kinsler have been connected since their college days, when Pedroia took Kinsler’s starting job as shortstop at Arizona State in 2002. Kinsler transferred to Missouri the following year.Pedroia has played just three games this year after left knee surgery in the offseason. Dombrowski says it’s likely he won’t be back until very late in the season, if at all.A 25-year-old right-hander, Buttrey has a 2.25 ERA in 32 relief appearances at Triple-A Pawtucket this season.”He looks pretty darn close to major-league ready,” Eppler said. ”Looks like a guy that’s got a lot of upside.”Jerez, 26, is 2-1 with five saves and a 3.63 ERA in 34 relief appearances for the PawSox. The left-hander averages 95 mph with his fastball and hits 100.”We’re hoping those guys take that next step and we watch them in Los Angeles,” Eppler said. ”The Angels will always remain opportunistic. That’s what at least we hope this trade speaks.”—

elaine95  
elaine95

win over the Arizona Diamondbacks before the bottom of the third inning because of the injury.This year has been an unlucky one
the Red Sox have arguably exceeded expectations

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz