games, recent call-up Louis Leblanc. Desharnais started the play with a rush up the right si

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 03.08.2018 05:13

The email dropped in my box a few weeks ago. Taron Johnson Jersey . Almost lost it in the endless stream of playoff-related info (Rangers Availability, 5:00pm, JW Marriot) and reminders from Shutterfly about my daughters upcoming soccer practices. This note was from a friend made a few years ago, in the worst possible way you can make a friend. Paul Frustaglio just wanted to let me know they were having a golf tournament on June 26th for his son Evan. "Drop by, if you can make it," he wrote. I couldnt. Would be in Philadelphia for the NHL Draft. So I sent along my regrets and said that Id at least try to get a prize sent over from TSN. "I should have remembered that was draft week," Paul wrote back. "Evan was a 96." Thats the first way every hockey parent describes his/her kid; by their abbreviated birth year. When someone asks,"What is your boy?" We know instantly what they mean. "Oh, hes a 98." There will be a slew of 96s who have their names called Friday night and Saturday in Philadelphia who will remember Evan Frustaglio. He was part of an elite group of Toronto area hockey players growing up. From minor atom on, he battled against top prospects like Sam Bennett, Robby Fabbri, and Josh Ho-Sang. He played on summer teams with Bennett, Sunny Milano and Connor McDavid, next years draft prodigy. When the Grade 8 team from Vaughns Hill Academy, a sport-focused private school north of Toronto, played its opening game in 2008, Evan scored the games first three goals. His linemate Michael Dal Colle, a likely top-five pick Friday, scored the next six. "Evan had sick hands," Dal Colle says, waiting for his luggage at the Philadelphia airport. "He wasnt big but his skill level was off the charts. Great player, great guy. So sad." Evan Frustaglio was 13 when he started to feel sick at a hockey tournament in London. His Mom, Ann-Marie brought him home after the Saturday games, thinking there was no point staying over if he wasnt likely to be better for Sunday. Dont want the flu to spread around a dressing room. And it looked like, felt like, had to be, the flu. Thats what the doctor at the walk-in clinic said Sunday. "Probably just a mild virus... give him lots of fluids." But his parents were worried, and Paul stayed up all night watching him. The next morning, Evan told his Mom he was feeling OK, so she went off to work. Paul took the day off to stay home with Evan, and catch up on sleep. He gave his son a bath, and noticed an odd rash, but couldnt reach his family doctor to ask about it. Evan went back to bed, and Paul left the room briefly. When he called Evans name just a few minutes later, there was no answer. Paul found him sprawled on the bathroom floor, limp. The rest, four years later, is still a painful blur. A panicked 9-1-1 call, the operator giving Paul instructions on how to do CPR, the medics arriving and trying to revive him. Too late. Evan died October 26, 2009, the same day they started giving H1N1 shots to the public. That virus, the one supposed to prey on the vulnerable, the elderly and the very young, had killed a strong, healthy teenage athlete. "It attacked his heart," Paul says. "He was... too healthy. From what they told me, the best laymans way to put it is that his heart literally beat itself to death." Evans death triggered H1N1 hysteria across Canada. Instantly, there were line-ups that queued for hours at immunization clinics. Three thousand came to Evans wake. Hockey people, mostly. Entire teams that played with and against him. Some who did neither. Hockey is like that. I met Paul there. He was remarkable, thanking me and everyone else over and over for coming. The ultimate Canadian, overly polite even when his world was crumbling around him. He proudly showed me the flowers Sidney Crosby had sent. Evan had touched people. You hold on to that to keep you going, I guessed. Doctors would thank Paul for doing interviews, for talking about Evan, for encouraging people to get immunized. That helped him a little too, he supposes. But soon the H1N1 story faded, and the Frustaglios were left to figure out how to continue their lives without their first-born. Theyre still working on it. Evans younger brother Will, a 99, was too young to grasp the loss of his best friend. Its only started to really hit him hard in the last year or two. But hes done remarkably well. He is a top student and athlete at The Hill, his brothers old school, working out everyday in the same gym as Dal Colle. Will got the size gene Evan didnt, and enters his junior draft year as a solid prospect. Any parent who has lost a child tells you the grieving never really ends. But after four years, Paul and Anne-Marie finally felt ready to celebrate Evans memory. So as you read this, The Hill Academy is holding the first Evan Frustaglio Memorial Golf Tournament at The Glen Eagle Golf Club near Bolton, Ontario. The school is naming its gym after Evan. Money raised from the tourney will be used to set up a scholarship, and the plan is to designate a different charity every year to support. Would Evan have been in Philly Friday? Would he have gotten the chance to walk up on that stage and put on some teams sweater and ballcap, while Paul and Anne-Marie and Will and aunts and uncles and friends cheered and cried a little in the stands? Useless hypothetical, I suppose. His size was starting to be an issue by the time he was a teenager, so the odds were probably against him. But with those hands, that skill, and a fearlessness to boot, who knows? A couple of growth spurts... and... maybe. No. Was right the first time. Useless hypothetical. Paul Frustaglio would prefer to celebrate the life his son had, instead of the one that might have been. And so Friday night, he will do what he does every year. "I will watch the draft for sure," he says. "Im sure it will be bittersweet and a little sad this time because it is Evans class. But these kids are great kids. Some of them I watched since they played minor novice in the North York Hockey League. Ill be incredibly happy for all of them." Click here for more information on the golf tournament. Chris Ivory Bills Jersey . 98 jersey in a game yet, and already its a big seller. Marshall Newhouse Bills Jersey .ca. Hi Kerry, Thursday nights Bruins-Blackhawks game had a goal by Patrice Bergeron initially waved off by the referee, but video review clarified it was a good goal. http://www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c-97-bills-taron-johnson-jersey.aspx . James Harden wasnt worried and told his coach as much. "He was fired up but I told him: Its OK. Were going to be all right," Harden said. And they were. Houston scored 17 straight points after that timeout, led by 10 from Harden, to take the lead and roll to an easy 129-106 win.MONTREAL -- It isnt pretty hockey, but its working for the Montreal Canadiens. For a second game in a row, the Canadiens used patient, defensive hockey and sharp goaltending to hold onto a slim lead as they downed the Dallas Stars 2-1 in the NHL on Tuesday night. Rene Bourque scored the winner in the second period after Michael Bournival opened the scoring in the first for Montreal (8-5-0). The Canadiens were coming off a 2-0 victory against the Rangers in New York on Monday night with Peter Budaj in goal that was just as successful and just as dull to watch for the spectators. "The last two games its been really good team defence, whether its getting pucks out or blocking shots or just being in position," said defenceman Douglas Murray. "It was a good effort by the whole team." The Canadiens are short on forwards with Max Pacioretty, Daniel Briere and Brandon Prust all nursing injuries, so coach Michel Therrien has the team playing basic, defence-first hockey. "With the fact that were missing some players, we have to concentrate on good defensive play and we did that tonight," said Therrien. "I like the effort everyone is giving us. "Carey (Price) made the saves. It was a big team win. Thats four big points in two nights." Dallas outshot Montreal 27-24, but managed only Cody Eakins goal on a long shot that fooled Price late in the second frame. The Stars, last in the Central Division at 5-6-1, were also playing a second game in as many nights, having topped the Sabres 4-3 in coach Lindy Ruffs return to Buffalo on Monday. It was their third set of back-to-back games this season. In one they lost both games and in the other two they won the first game but lost the second. "Weve got to start finding a way in back-to-backs, especially on the road," said Eakin. "Its hard, yeah, but to be a good team you have to do it. &qquot;These points are huge. Star Lotulelei Bills Jersey. . Theyre harder to get as the season progresses, so we have to start bearing down." Eakin used P.K. Subban as a screen on a rush and fooled Price with a medium speed wrist shot from outside the circles at 17:27 of the second to draw the Stars to within one goal. "It was one of those ones where I used him as a screen," said Eakin. "I had some speed and caught him off guard a bit." The Stars pushed hard for the equalizer in the third, when they outshot Montreal 9-3, but Price stood his ground. The Canadiens struck first as Raphael Diaz lifted a wrist shot from the point to the far post that Bournival tipped off defenceman Stephane Robidas and past Kari Lehtonen at 12:02 of the first. The rookie Bournival has three goals and four assists in his last seven games. "I wasnt sure if I deflected it," the 21-year-old said. "I felt it on my stick but I didnt want to say anything." Bourque put in a Diaz rebound 12:55 into the second. It was a much-needed goal for his line with struggling centre David Desharnais and, for the last two games, recent call-up Louis Leblanc. Desharnais started the play with a rush up the right side that was stopped. A Dallas clearing attempt was intercepted by Diaz, who picked up his second point of the night. Desharnais has no goals and one assist in 13 games, but the line did well and Therrien gave them more ice time than usual. "We were moving our feet," said Bourque. "We finally got a few chances offensively. "Davy and I have been snake-bitten, but were getting chances." Notes: Travis Moen, who took a puck in the face Saturday, sat out a second game, so Leblanc got to play again. . . Ryan Garbutt, Kevin Connauton and Travis Morin were scratched for Dallas. . . Montreals Ryan White and Michael Blunden each played his 100th NHL game. Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

st trip here on a last-second three-pointer two years ago, led by one point for about one minute in the first half. But key scor
st year in purple uniforms. They will use multiple fronts, but with four or more good pass rushers and two exceptional cornerbac

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz