ames for Seattle. He spent the 2009-10 seasons with Kansas City and Cincinnati before joining the Diamondbacks. Bloomquist guess

#1 von zhanjiao1212 , 06.08.2018 02:38

NEW YORK, N. Nate Solder Jersey .Y. - Dale Scott figures hell hear plenty of foul language from angry hitters next season. Such is life for a Major League Baseball umpire.Theyll still yell at me when a 3-2 slider doesnt break their way, he told The Associated Press. But theyll be yelling at me because they didnt like my call, not because Im a gay umpire.Two weeks after Jason Collins retired as the NBAs first openly gay player, Scott added his name Tuesday to a growing list of gay and lesbian sports figures taking similar public steps. St. Louis Rams draft pick Michael Sam, NBA official Violet Palmer and WNBA star Brittney Griner are among those who have come out in recent years.Scott didnt want to make a huge announcement heading into his 30th big league season.The trade magazine Referee did a profile on the veteran crew chief in October, and didnt mention his sexuality. But the 55-year-old Scott wanted to share an important part of his life, and made the choice to include a picture of himself with partner Michael Rausch. They married in November 2013 in Palm Springs, California.The caption in Referee said: He and his longtime companion, Michael Rausch, travelled to Australia for the 2014 season opener between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.The website Outsports.com later interviewed Scott and posted its story Tuesday.Its not like this was a secret. Major League Baseball knew my situation and it hasnt had any effect on my career. Zero bearing, Scott told the AP. My fellow umpires have known for a long time.When I was home or out socially, I was gay, he said. In my professional life, I wasnt. At least, not officially.Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig praised Scott.To his friends and colleagues throughout the game, Dale is universally regarded as a class act, he said in a statement. All of us at Major League Baseball are very proud of him, just as we have always been.Scott has been an MLB umpire since 1986. He worked the World Series in 1998, 2001 and 2004, has called three All-Star games and plenty of playoff matchups, including the NL series between St. Louis and the Dodgers in October.Hes an excellent crew chief and umpire, MLB umpire Dan Iassogna told the AP.But above all, hes been a true friend to my family and me. Ive always been proud to walk with him, but never more proud than today, he said.No big league player or manager has been openly gay during their active career. Glenn Burke and Billy Bean are among the players who later said they were gay, as did umpire Dave Pallone.Scott said he understood coming out might open a Pandoras box when he takes the field next year.Well see when the season starts if this is still an issue, he said. I suspect no.In the immediate aftermath of the story becoming public, Scott said his cellphone and email blew up with messages.They all were all positive, except for one. I know thats going to happen, I understand it, he said.Scott met Rausch, an artist, after the 1986 season at a bar in Portland, Oregon. The two now split time between Portland and Palm Springs. When they married, the mayor of Palm Springs officiated the ceremony.Rausch is listed as Scotts domestic partner with MLB. The latest contract between the umpires union and MLB took effect in 2010 and permitted umps to include domestic partners to allow them to receive benefits.Scott said only once in his career has a player asked if he was gay, and that was through a mutual acquaintance, who brushed off the question.Im not saying there arent players on teams who havent heard things or mightve had an idea, he said. But no ones ever brought it up to me, or said anything about it to me while yelling at me for calling strike three. Jonathan Stewart Jersey . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Alec Ogletree Giants Jersey . Manager Alex Ferguson says the injury was sustained while the player tried to hit a volley toward the end of training on Tuesday. http://www.nygiantsfanatic.com/c-89-giants-lorenzo-carter-jersey.aspx . - Christophe Lalancette scored a third-period goal and added the shootout winner to lead the Drummondville Voltigeurs to a 5-4 win over the Quebec Remparts in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play on Sunday. SEATTLE -- Utility player Willie Bloomquist officially signed a $5.8 million, two-year contract with the Seattle Mariners on Thursday, bringing him back to the team he started his major league career with. The deal was agreed to earlier this week and became official after Bloomquist passed a physical. Bloomquist said a combination of the offer Seattle made and a chance to return to the Pacific Northwest made the decision simple. Bloomquist will earn $2.8 million in 2014 and $3 million in 2015. "A lot of teams had interest and I had couple of offers on the table and was looking to better my position. When I heard Seattle had interest I was excited," Bloomquist said. Bloomquist spent the past three seasons with the Arizona Diamondbacks, appearing in 225 games and hitting .289 with 36 doubles and 63 RBIs over that time. Last season with Arizona, he appeared in 48 games and had 139 at-bats. The 36-year-old Bloomquist spent the first seven seasons of his career with the Mariners. Kyle Lauletta Giants Jersey. His high point came in 2006 when Bloomquist appeared in 102 games for Seattle. He spent the 2009-10 seasons with Kansas City and Cincinnati before joining the Diamondbacks. Bloomquist guessed that Felix Hernandez was the only Seattle player still remaining from his first stint with the club. He said getting a two-year deal was important. "It gives me security, which goes without saying, but it allows me to know that its not going to be a flash in the pan, here one year, gone the next," Bloomquist said. He said that based on his conversations with Seattle general manager Jack Zduriencik that hes expecting big moves this off-season from the Mariners. "In talking with Jack, he has some things up his sleeve that are going to make us a better team," Bloomquist said. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

zhanjiao1212  
zhanjiao1212

rt — can be suspect in the Pro Bowl, but U.S. fans will watch just about anything NFL-related.Over
to make sure that we can get him on the right track," Marrone said two

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz