the way, good coaches and a

#1 von liny195 , 06.09.2018 04:30

More than three months after the NFL draft James Hanna Jersey , Oakland Raiders defensive tackle Maurice Hurst is still a little bitter about how things played out.

Projected to be a sure first-rounder after his final season at Michigan, Hurst wasn't selected until the fifth round amid questions about his health stemming from a heart condition that also got him sent home from the scouting combine.

Although Hurst said he first learned of the issue during his freshman year in college, he was stunned not hearing his name called until the third day of the draft.

He's still not fully over it.

"I don't know if it ever goes away," Hurst said Friday. "It's just something that's always on your shoulder and something that you always have to carry with you. Just keep it there to push you harder."

The Raiders are counting on Hurst and second-round pick P.J. Hall to improve an interior pass rush that was almost non-existent last season. Both rookies have gotten work in with the starting defense during practices and will get an extensive look when preseason games begin next week.

"They don't want us to be rookies," Hurst said. "They want us to come out and play right away and play effectively, and come out and just dominate and do what they expected us to do. Just be a vital part of this defense."

Hurst had 12 陆 sacks in college, five coming as a senior when he was an All-American.

With the Raiders, he'll be part of a rotation up front that includes Hall and veterans Justin Ellis and Mario Edwards. Eddie Vanderdoes, a second-round pick in 2017 who started 13 games as a rookie, is recovering from ACL surgery.

To help accelerate his growth, the Raiders have had Hurst play against starting center Rodney Hudson and guards Kelechi Osemele and Gabe Jackson. Hudson and Osemele were Pro Bowl picks last season while Jackson was an alternate in 2016.

"They throw a few crumbs every now and then Dwayne Washington Jersey ," Hurst said. "They don't want you to beat them every time. But they've been extremely helpful. Every day I get to go to work I get to play the best guys in the country. That's only going to make you better every day."

Hudson said Hurst's natural instincts have made for a smooth transition.

"He's got a lot of ability," Hudson said. "Smart rusher. He's always attentive and asks questions. He's got a lot of God-given ability. He's quick and he uses his hands well to be so young."

Hurst showed all of that during a pass-rush drill Friday. Paired against two offensive linemen, Hurst burst through the middle of the double-team effort and used his right hand to knock away one defender's block attempt.

If only finding a place to live was that easy for the Raiders rookie.

Hurst admitted getting sticker shock while checking out the housing market in Northern California and joked that he might have to go back to driving for Uber, something he did in college to earn extra money.

"It's ridiculous," Hurst said. "Look here, look home, look Michigan. I'm like, 'I can get a nice place over there.' But over here you get a little box. There was one on Craigslist I saw that someone was renting out a closet for $400."

Notes: Jackson was held out of practice for unknown reasons, one day after leaving the workout early. . Left tackle Donald Penn, who has not practiced in camp yet after having offseason foot surgery, appears close to returning. Penn has been working out with a team trainer and got work in on a blocking sled.

__

The Minnesota Vikings have agreed to terms on a five-year contract extension with Danielle Hunter Demaryius Thomas Jersey , making him one of the top 10 highest-paid defensive ends in the NFL while securing another core player before he could reach free agency.

The deal, which was done on Wednesday, is worth up to $72 million, according to a person with knowledge of the contract who spoke on condition of anonymity because the terms weren't disclosed by the team.

The deal includes $40 million in guaranteed money, with a $15 million signing bonus. The annual average worth is more than $14 million, on par with fellow Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen.

"I had to get this out of the way," Hunter said, acknowledging relief to have signed before training camp. "I didn't want to be bothered by anything."

Hunter has 25陆 sacks, three forced fumbles and two recovered fumbles in three seasons, after being drafted in the third round in 2015 out of LSU. Still only 23 years old, Hunter was a top priority to retain at a premium position. Griffen is 30 Chase Daniel Jersey , and primary backup Brian Robison is 35.

"Just looking forward to getting him locked in and what he's going to continue to bring not only to this defense and this football team, but also the type of character that he brings," general manager Rick Spielman said.

Over those past three seasons, Hunter and Griffen have combined for 57 sacks, the second most by a pair of teammates in the league behind Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap of the Cincinnati Bengals (58).

The pass rush and run defense provided by these bookends has been a significant part of coach Mike Zimmer's unit that gave up the fewest points and yards in the NFL last season.

"We build a bond together on defense," Hunter said. "We go out there, we know we're brothers. We fight together. We do our assignments. On and off the field we're really, really close.

Hunter was third in the NFL with 12陆 sacks in 2016, the most by a defensive end. Born in Jamaica and raised just outside of Houston, the 6-foot-5, 252-pound Hunter was a classic late bloomer the Vikings targeted with confidence he'd continue to develop with the right coaching to complement his measurable physical skills. Spielman and his scouts have been proven right with that pick.

"I kind of came in with the mindset of just playing football. I had a whole bunch of people in front of me Todd Gurley II Jersey , older guys that were able to show me the way, good coaches and a good coaching staff," Hunter said. "The only thing I could do is just come in here and focus and play football."

The Vikings extended middle linebacker Eric Kendricks earlier this offseason. Outside linebacker Anthony Barr and wide receiver Stefon Diggs are their other two standouts on expiring contracts, with space under the salary cap dwindling. Signing both of them to new long-term deals might not be possible.

They're plenty happy to at least have Hunter around well into the next decade, though. According to statistics compiled by Vikings coaches, Hunter also has 125 quarterback hurries and 147 total tackles. He has never missed an NFL game to injury, with his only two absences coming in 2015 when he was on the inactive list in the first month of his rookie year.

"It's all about keep continuing to improve my game. I've got to go out there and do what the coaches tell me to do. Now that I have this I can't relax," Hunter said. "I have to keep pounding and grinding."

Devonte Graham Jersey ,

liny195  
liny195

three homers in Round Rock.
s younger we were rough, Hayden said. It feels g

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz