Schaub will start for an injured Case Keenum

#1 von jinshuiqian0713 , 11.10.2018 08:00

OAKLAND, Calif. Shane Greene Jersey . -- L.J. Hoes homered with one out in the top of the 12th, and the Houston Astros beat the Oakland Athletics 3-2 on Tuesday night for their first win in four tries at the Coliseum this year. The Astros also earned their first three-game winning streak against the As in franchise history. Hoes connected off Fernando Abad (2-4). The baseball-leading As (61-38) missed several chances to move a season-high 25 games over .500. Pinch-hitter John Jaso hit a two-out single in the 11th and Jed Lowrie drew a walk from Jose Veras, who was replaced by Darin Downs (2-1). Jose Altuve hit a one-out single in the 10th and tried to steal second. Initially called safe, As manager Bob Melvin challenged that second baseman Nick Punto tagged him in time. The call was overturned in 1 minute, 3 seconds. That ended a franchise-record 28 straight steals by Altuve without being caught. Chad Qualls finished for his 11th save in 13 opportunities. Jed Lowrie tied the game on a sixth-inning sacrifice fly. Houstons Chris Carter hit a two-run single in the third against his former team and also had a pair of doubles. The Astros couldnt capitalize on his two-out double in the eighth off Luke Gregerson. Scott Kazmir, who had won his previous two starts and was going for victory No. 12 on the year, struck out six in seven innings. He allowed seven hits and two runs in a duel of lefty starters. Altuve led off the game with a single up the middle, but centre fielder Craig Gentry threw him out at second trying to stretch it for extra bases. Brett Oberholtzer, making his second start since being recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City on July 12, remained winless in four starts against the As dating to last season. He didnt strike out a batter for the first time in 13 starts this year. Astros first baseman Jesus Guzman returned after sitting out Sundays series finale against the White Sox because of back spasms When Houston last visited the Coliseum in April, Astros manager Bo Porter left the dugout in the third to yell at Lowrie moments after the No. 2 hitter flied out following two inside pitches. Lowrie said the situation dictated that he try to bunt, and it was too early in the game not to look to score even after the As scored seven runs in the first and led 8-0 after two. "I respect the game of baseball, and I will leave it at that," Porter said beforehand. "I know its completely behind me, its completely behind our team, and its not even something I would want to drum back up." Astros outfielder George Springer missed his second straight game with soreness in his right knee and quadriceps. NOTES: Gentry stole his 17th and 18th bases in the As third. ... The game drew 22,908, a strong showing for a weeknight against the Astros. ... RF Josh Reddick returned from a second stint on the disabled list because of a right knee injury but didnt start. He entered as a pinch-hitter leading off the eighth and stayed in the game. ... A foot issue is keeping Oaklands Stephen Vogt from catching right now. ... As All-Star 3B Josh Donaldson won the Heart and Hustle Award again. "Those are probably as good of words as you can come up with for him," Melvin said. "Hes dirty all the time." Willie Horton Jersey . Beckham finished 2 for 4, adding a double in the first inning. Chicago has won eight of 12 to get back to .500 (27-27). The White Sox are 6-3 against Cleveland this season after losing 17 of 19 to their American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles went 1 for 2 with a walk and drove in Clevelands run. Detroit Tigers Jerseys . -- Jerome Verrier scored once and set up two more as the Drummondville Voltigeurs downed the visiting Chicoutimi Sagueneens 5-1 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play. http://www.tigersgearshop.com/Tigers-Lance-Parrish-Kids-Jersey/ . According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, it doesnt appear the offer was warmly received by the team. Blue Jackets director of hockey operations John Davidson and general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said on Wednesday the team has made offers of $6 million for two years, $32 million for six and $46 million over eight years but each one was refused by the restricted free agent centre and agent Kurt Overhardt.HOUSTON -- Matt Schaub will start at quarterback on Sunday for Houston against Denver and interim coach Wade Phillips expects him to receive a better reception than he did the last time he played at Reliant Stadium. Schaub will start for an injured Case Keenum and try to help the Texans end a 12-game skid. Schaubs last action in Houston came when he took over late in a game against Oakland on Nov. 17 as Keenum was struggling. The home crowd booed him so loudly when he entered the game that the offence was forced to use a silent count. "Im not worried about that because I know a majority of our fans are with us no matter what and theyve stuck through no matter what," Phillips said. "We appreciate them. This is our last home game, so we need a lot of support and I think well get it." Schaub, who was benched after six games, will start for the first time since Oct. 13. Keenum has an injury to a ligament in his right thumb and was unable to grip the football on Tuesday. Phillips said he will wear a splint this week and he isnt sure of his status past Sunday. Keenum fell on his thumb and injured it on the last of his four sacks in this weekends loss to the Colts. Schaub last played in the second half at Jacksonville on Dec. 5 and moved the ball well before throwing an interception on what could havee been the go-ahead drive in a 27-20 loss. Custom Detroit Tigers Jerseys. "Hes a consummate professional," Phillips said. "We know Matt. We know hell work hard at what he does and hes going to give us his best effort. And were going to support him." Also on Wednesday, Phillips announced that running back Ben Tate will be placed on the injured reserve after another injury to his ribs. Tate has been playing with four broken ribs since October, but hasnt missed a game. Phillips marveled at the toughness Tate has shown in playing through the injury. "A cracked rib is a problem, but its not something that that it could be too serious as far as his overall health," Phillips said. "But once you get it multiple times, I think youve got to shut him down." Already without Arian Foster, the team signed Jonathan Grimes to take Tates roster spot and add depth at running back. Undrafted rookie Dennis Johnson, who was signed in late October, will start on Sunday. Johnson has appeared in seven games this season with 37 carries for 154 yards. There was a bit of good news for the Texans on Wednesday as Phillips said the injuries to defensive end Antonio Smith (knee) and cornerback Johnathan Joseph (groin) werent serious and they are expected to return to practice Thursday. Cheap Football Norway Jerseys Cheap Nigeria Soccer Jerseys Cheap Morocco Soccer Jerseys Cheap Mexico Soccer Jerseys Cheap Japan Soccer Jerseys Cheap Italy Soccer Jerseys Cheap Germany Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mexico Jerseys Authentic Cheap Colombia Jerseys Authentic Cheap Belgium Jerseys Authentic Cheap Brazil Jerseys Authentic Cheap Argentina Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Germany Jerseys Wholesale Brazil Jerseys Wholesale Portugal Jerseys Wholesale Argentina Jerseys Wholesale Belgium Jerseys Wholesale France Jerseys Wholesale Spain Jerseys Wholesale England Jerseys ' ' '

jinshuiqian0713  
jinshuiqian0713

"I thought I pitched a pretty good game
otherwise he hadnt scored in the league

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz